Friday, July 23, 2010

'Mad Men' Starts Sunday = More of Betty Draper's Bad Parenting

One of the secret pleasures of watching Mad Men is observing Betty Draper doing a cruddy, cold job of parenting (like reprimanding her daughter Sally for leaving the dry cleaning on the floor but not for putting the plastic bag over her head) and knowing that, at the very least, my parenting looks gloriously Dr. Spock-ian by comparison.

New York Magazine put together a compilation video of Betty's not-so-noble parenting moments:



Then again, if someone were to follow me around with a video camera during these long, work-from-home summer days -- particularly when I'm on a deadline -- I'd hate to see the edited video they'd be able to produce, focusing just on me snapping at the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment