Thursday, May 26, 2011

Need Advice About the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando

While all three of the Picket Fence Post kids are still really into all things Harry Potter -- and The Spouse and I are still reading the Potter series aloud to The Youngest Boy (we're on book six, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) -- we decided that we'd take a summer trek to the new portion of Universal Studios in Orlando dedicated to The Boy Who Lived: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I think I'm more excited than they are to step into the world of Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, go to the Three Broomsticks for Butterbeer and stop by Zonkos Joke Shop. There are three big rides there, of which I think I'm likely to only partake of one, the "family" coaster otherwise known as the "Flight of the Hippogriff." (I'm not a big ride type of gal.) Though I fully expect that The Girl and The Eldest Boy will want to go on these rides multiple times.

Here's my question: For those of you who've already visited the Wizarding World, what recommendations do you have for us newbies?

Image credit: Universal Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment