Thursday, January 5, 2012

Orange Braces

The Eldest Boy has had his braces applied to his teeth. Orange braces to be exact. (He chose the color. I like it.)

He's been a very good sport about them, hasn't been complaining a lot, though he did take a pass on the mango smoothie I made for him (we had very little in the house I could use to make him a smoothie) saying he didn't like it, no matter how much sugar I dumped into it. (It must've been pretty bad because The Girl, who adores smoothies, wouldn't drink it either. I couldn't tell what it tasted like because I have a dairy allergy and I'd added dairy to the smoothie. Oh well, what's that they say about the best intentions?)

As for The Girl, she just had the "spacers" (small rubber things) put in between molars in the back of her mouth removed and mold was made of her mouth so a palate expander can be made for her. In about two weeks,  she'll have to get new spacers placed between her teeth which really stinks because when they were placed in her mouth just after Christmas she was in a lot of pain. In the meantime, I told her to go wild chewing gum and eating all the foods and candy that will be verboten once she gets the palate expander, followed by the braces . . . that palate expander, man, I am so not looking forward to THAT and I'm not the one who's going to be wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment